Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Bariatric Pal

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Good, The Bad, and The Milestone....

After a month or so of uneventful weigh ins and a plateau I am excited to finally break the 140 lbs lost mark. I was stuck at 138 lbs for the past few weeks going up a pound or two and then down the same. Two weeks ago I weighed in and was still stuck but hopeful for some good news. Then Friday I had what should be my last EGD scope!!! The doctor declared my ulcer healed...well 99% :). I have a follow up appointment in about a month to make sure none of the symptoms have returned.

Now the bad news...I fell and fractured my left ankle on Columbus Day :( so I was confined to our apartment for most of the week until I could get in to see a specialist for the final diagnosis.

Nothing too serious just a subtle nondisplaced fracture at the tip of the medial malleolus...Basically I fractured the little bone that sticks out of the inside of the ankle but it's so minimal that the orthopedist ordered a walking air cast (boot) and recommended minimal weight bearing activities and walking for the next couple weeks then weaning off wearing the boot. In totally I should only have the boot for six weeks.

So after all of that I wasn't able to weigh in last week or walk for that matter. This week I returned to work and have tried to limit my walking and such but haven't been as successful as I should be. I do use crutches to offset some of the pressure and weight albeit not as much as I should. So today I weighed in and lost 6 pounds!!! I guess all the crutching around the past week and rolling myself around the office on my chair the last couple days has been a good exercise program for me :)

I am now down a total of  143.6 lbs 

Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. We are excited for,your success and pray for a quick recovery of your ankle. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete